WaterAid Mali Year in Review
Clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are still not a normal part of daily life for millions of people in Mali. In a world with so many competing priorities, WaterAid remains resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials because they transform lives. Investment in water, sanitation and hygiene is an essential first step to unlocking socio-economic development. Installing taps and toilets is essential, but we do so much more. To make lasting change happen on a massive scale, we:
- influence governments to change laws;
- link national and international policy makers with people on the ground;
- change attitudes and behaviours;
- work with others to pool knowledge and resources; and
- rally support from people and organizations around the world.
We make a bigger impact because we bring people together, actively encouraging collaboration so that many voices can be heard and ideas can spread. Together, we change millions of lives. There is still a lot to do, but together we’re making real progress. We can and will change normal within a generation.
This report presents an overview of our work in Mali over the 2017/18 financial year, as we helped improve the lives of 132,505 poorest and most marginalized people through access to water, sanitation and hygiene.